CES energy consumption is measured in kilowatt-hours (kWh) and billed on a two-tier rate structure similar to that of BC Hydro. The following rate structure applies to each 1-month billing period:
- First 675 kWh used – $0.0829/kWh
- All additional usage – $0.1242/kWh
Monthly service connection fees are as follows:
- For 25 mm Service Connections* – $7.78/month
- For 37 mm Service Connections – $15.26/month
- For 50 mm Service Connections – $24.39/month
*Most single-family homes have a 25 mm energy service connection.
All energy rates and charges are regulated by the City of Langford in accordance with the terms of their multi-utility bylaw. With respect to its Energy Service, SSL is also a public utility under the UCA regulated by the BC Utilities Commission.