The water and energy services provided by SSL were established under the City of Langford’s multi-utility bylaw. Rates for both energy and water services are set by the City of Langford and energy rates for Paradise Falls customers are approved by the British Columbia Utilities Commission. With respect to its energy service, SSL is a public utility under the Utilities Commission Act and is regulated by the BC Utilities Commission. Please see our SSL Rate Schedule for a current list of our most standard charges.
- First 675 kWh used – $0.0918/kWh
- All additional usage – $0.1376/kWh
Monthly service connection fees are as follows:
- For 25 mm Service Connections* $8.35/month
- For 37 mm Service Connections $16.37/month
- For 50 mm Service Connections $26.17/month
*Most single-family homes have a 25 mm energy service connection.
2023 residential water rate:
- $2.5466 per cubic metre (thousand litres)
Monthly service connection fees may apply to certain strata and commercial customers. Please consult your water bill or our rate schedule to determine the applicable charge.