CES energy consumption is measured in kilowatt-hours (kWh) and billed on a two-tier rate structure similar to that of BC Hydro. The following rate structure applies to each 1-month billing period:
- First 675 kWh used – $0.0918/kWh
- All additional usage – $0.1376/kWh
Monthly service connection fees are as follows:
- For 25 mm Service Connections* – $8.35/month
- For 37 mm Service Connections – $16.37/month
- For 50 mm Service Connections – $26.17/month
*Most single-family homes have a 25 mm energy service connection.
The energy service provided by SSL was established under the City of Langford’s multi-utility bylaw. Rates for the energy service are set by the City of Langford and energy rates for Paradise Falls customers are approved by the British Columbia Utilities Commission. SSL is a public utility under the Utilities Commission Act and is regulated with respect to its energy services by the BC Utilities Commission.